Thursday 25 March 2010

A normal days banking

How on earth can you justify your actions on the 12th February? - please could someone look at our account on this day the money was there!
This is shocking treatment. I am not impressed.
Regards
Jon Harper

Received: 16/02/2010 01:24 PM GMT

Subject: Re: Charges and bounced cheques etc

Message: Thank you for your message.

I have reviewed your account and the charges you refer to have been applied correctly, and as a result of insufficient funds being available in your account on that particular day. Please be advised that cash transferred electronically will not become available until the next banking day. I would like to apologise if this was not made clear to you in the past.

I appreciate your concern and I'm aware that overall, your account is run well. As a gesture of goodwill, on this occasion, I have arranged for your account to receive a refund of £32.00. Please be advised that any future charges of this nature will stand.

I trust that the information provided prevents this issue from occurring in the future.

Regards

Please remember: Quoting your account number in the subject field or within the body of your message will enable us to handle your query more efficiently.




You have done it to my account again.
I do a same day transfer because I can see that the next days available balance is over the overdraft - all should be OK but the next day I log on you have bounced cheques, charged me £32 but received the previous days payment - it is like you have made this decision that I have insufficient funds in advance even though I respond immediately I am aware...it just does not seem fair. It is as though I am powerless to rectify!


18/03/2010 03:49 PM GMT

Subject: Re: Bounced Cheques

Message: Thank you for contacting us.

I have reviewed your account and the charges you refer to have been applied correctly, and as a result of insufficient funds being available in your account on that particular day. Please be advised that cash transferred electronically will not become available until the next banking day.

When cheques are presented cleared funds need to be in your account on the day of presentation.

Please remember to quote your account number in the subject field or within the body of your message as this will enable us to handle your query more efficiently.

Regards




I'm reminded of the Little Britain catchphrase - 'Computer says No!'
I am disappointed that same day transfers actually cannot be used to correct any minor irregularities.
But then I am human and computers don't make errors.
Plus I guess bankers bonuses need to be paid from somewhere.
If only there was some way flexibility could be built into your computerised system and it could see further than that instant because money was going into to the account from more than one place.
I just do not accept that your current non human system is in the least bit fair on your customers ...but then I guess 'Computer says NO!'



22/03/2010 12:14 PM GMT

Subject: Re: re bounced cheques

Message: Thank you for your message.

I refer to my previous message sent on 16/2/10 regarding the same problem.

Cleared funds need to be available to pay any items presented on that day.

Please see section 8.6 of the Terms and Condition of your account as follows:

'If You do not have enough money in Your Account (including available money within an
Overdraft Limit if you have an Overdraft), at the start of the day to cover the payments
that are being made that day We may refuse to make a payment out of Your Account. If We refuse to allow a payment to go through, You will incur the relevant fees.'

Regards





Please see section 8.6 of the Terms and Condition of your account as follows:

'If You do not have enough money in Your Account (including available money within an
Overdraft Limit if you have an Overdraft), at the start of the day to cover the payments
that are being made that day We may refuse to make a payment out of Your Account. If We refuse to allow a payment to go through, You will incur the relevant fees.'

I note the word 'may' - surely that implies an element of fairness should be expected? When funds are transferred the instant the situation is spotted ie on that day, to bounce cheques totally £37 and applying a £32 penalty seems that whoever interprets the word 'may' is having a laugh at my and presumably other customers expense





23/03/2010 10:56 AM GMT



Message: Thank you for your comments.

An element of fairness was applied when I refunded your account on 16/2/10 under similar circumstances.

However I have taken you comments on board and decided on this occasion to refund £32.00 but I must advise you no more refunds will be given for any charges raised correctly under these circumstances.

Regards


Thank You for crediting but nevertheless to say that no further credits when and if a similar situation arises would imply that that you are affectively changing the terms of our contract by removing the would 'may' altogether.
As such you are removing an issue of discretion and fairness from any decision thereby making you terms and condition 'unfair'.
Legally this falls under Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.




24/03/2010 12:15 PM GMT

Subject: Re: acc
Message: The word 'may' is there as it is down to our discretion as to whether or not to charge. You have now been refunded twice and are now aware of the reasons why you were charged, which is why there will be no more refunds under those particular circumstances.

This doesn't mean to say you will not be refunded for any other reason.

Regards



to be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment